Expedition 4 is an advanced level compass primarily used by rescue workers and outdoor enthusiasts who crave top level equipment. It contains everything you need in a compass and has added functionality for GPS.
This full-size base plate compass is made for experienced navigators. The Expedition 4 compass is perfect for more demanding trips or when you want to have the possibility to navigate with more advanced and precise techniques.
WITHSTANDS TOUGH WEATHER CONDITIONS
Expedition 4 contains everything you need in a compass and has added functionality for GPS. It is made by robust material and withstands the toughest of conditions. Furthermore it features a magnifying lens for detailed map reading and a declination scale inside the capsule and includes a detachable lanyard.
Thanks to its luminous markings it is possible to use for night navigation as well.
- Silva 1-2-3 System baseplate compass
- Liquid filled capsule
- Sapphire jewel bearing
- Hardened steel pivot
- Magnifying lens
- Declination adjustment, decl scale in capsule
- 6 hours llumination / active time after activation in light
- Silicon friction feet
- Patented red/black N/S lines in capsule
- Comes with a green lanyard
- Available graduations: 6400/360 (360 inside the capsule), 6300, 360
- Resolution degrees/mils: 2 / 50
- Measuring scales on base plate in mm, inch
- UTM position plotting scales (Romer scales): 1:25k, 1:50k, 1:40k
- Settling time from 90 degree angle within +/- 3 deg: 2.7 sec
- Settling time from 90 degree angle to complete rest: 5 sec
- Accuracy: +/- 1 degree (17.8 mils)
- Waterproof: IP68 - (more than 100 m)
- Altitude use: 5000m@-15 C
- Impact resistance: 30g in XYZ directions and free fall from 1,5 m height into gravel
- Temperature operating range: -40 to +60 C
- Material: Acrylic
- Size (mm): 126 x 60 x 10
- Weight: 36g